Mogwai are a band from Glasgow formed in 1995. They compose lengthy, mostly instrumental guitar-based pieces in the style of post-rock, usually focused around the elaboration of a single theme, and are known traditionally for their quiet/loud dynamic, defined bass riffs, and an eminent ambient sound, sometimes dark and sometimes grand. Although frequently referred to as post-rock, the band have revealed in interviews that they despise this categorization, insisting that their sound bears little resemblance to pioneers of the genre, such as Tortoise. Read more about Mogwai on Last.fm.
- Mogwai curate I’ll Be Your Mirror – Exclusive Interview and Download
- “Kids jumping around to mid-paced, minor chord music. It’s unusual, but we like it”: TLOBF catches up with Mogwai
- TLOBF Interview // Mogwai
News on TLOBF
- Mogwai announce remix LP
- Mogwai set to headline Green Man Festival 2012
- Mogwai to release new EP
- Lykke Li, Best Coast and Joanna Newsom confirmed for End Of The Road
- Mogwai: ‘Rano Pano’
- Mogwai announce intimate London show
- Belle & Sebastian, Mogwai, Fleets Foxes, The Flaming Lips confirmed for Primavera Sound 2011
- Mogwai chant ‘Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will’ next February
- Watch Mogwai’s Burning Movie Tonight!
- Mogwai and ATP announce Burning screening
- Mogwai to release first live album
Sorry, no sessions found.
Live reviews/photos on TLOBF
- Mogwai – Hoxton Square Bar and Kitchen, London 09/02/11
- Invada Invasion (Mogwai, Zu, Crippled Black Phoenix) – Colston Hall, Bristol 26/09/09
Sorry, no articles found.