Welcome to our weekly gig round-up, all acts featured come with the Best Fit’s ‘Seal Of Approval’ so you can be assured that your hard earned cash will be well spent. This week’s top picks include Angel Haze, Metronomy and James Murphy’s Despacio.
- The elusive filmmaker and incredible spirit talks ATP, his nomadic existence, the modern world and the relationship between music and visual art.
- Metronomy’s most assured album to date thrillingly leaves us with no idea where they’ll go next.
- We talk to Martin Courtney about the making of new record, Atlas, why Wilco's model is the best thing to aspire to, and why it's dangerous to let an art critic near your press release.
- Raury, Talos and God Damn feature in our hand-picked selection of the week's best new music.
- Interview: Vincent Moon
- Album of the Week: Metronomy
- Interview: Real Estate
- The Five Best Songs This Week
A behind the scenes look at the Brooklyn post-punkers’ recent BBC Radio 1 Punk Show session at Maida Vale Studios. Howard Melnyczuk shoots.
Jordan Lee’s lo-fi project plays a rare show at the intimate east London church. Photos courtesy of India Whiley-Morton.
Another sterling popstress flying the flag for Sweden in an exclusive Sofar Sounds session.
Glasgow electronic producer gets his stardusted hands on Rare Monk’s psych blow-out.
- Watch Arcade Fire covering Prince’s “Controversy” live
- Watch The National perform “Graceless” and “I Need My Girl” on Saturday Night Live
- Panda Bear unveils new solo track “Marijuana Makes My Day”
- Zomby involved in altercation with Hudson Mohawke at London’s XOYO
- The Rapture split up
- Girl Unit remixes Little Dragon’s “Klapp Klapp”