The Austin trio’s new record still packs the same textured musical punch, it just draws from a deeper, more vulnerable source.
With an assuredly illuminated artistic vision, George Washington Brown continues to have an impact on the music of our times.
The legendary musician yet again proves himself to have a tender touch when it comes to affairs of the heart.
The NY band settle for average with their fifth studio album.
JT returns with a highly inventive musical statement and a wealth of fresh, inspired beats that get bogged down by the weight of their own excess and extravagance.
A bold, imaginative first step for a young band that seems poised to take their sound anywhere.
The fiery BRMC of old rekindled, applying the lessons they’ve learned to fortify their bold but familiar sound.
At times quite captivating and as rowdy, New Moon is ultimately an album half-full of both indelible sonic fury and equally forgettable missteps.
UMO’s second album is frustratingly muted but nevertheless enthralling.
One of the most anticipated records of the last two decades triumphs by forging its own distinct modern dialogue, writes Erik Thompson
Arc In Round don’t fit comfortably within the confines of the current indie sound of Philly, crafting their own style and tone drawing equally from the past as well as modern day, boldly defining their own way forward.
Another sonic left-turn from an artist who still keeps things interesting after all these years.
- Boards of Canada to premiere new music on BBC Radio 1 tonight
- The Flaming Lips to play live on BBC Radio 6 Music tonight
- Angel Haze and Iggy Azalea stream cover of Watch The Throne track ‘Otis’
- Brolin and East India Youth to play free London show next week
- Matthew Dear plots only London date of 2013
- Daft Punk to remix own ‘Random Access Memories’ tracks
- Washed Out announces new album ‘Paracosm’ for August
- Sŵn Festival confirm Deerhunter as first headliners for 2013 event
- CBGB announce 40th anniversary music and film festival
- Star Slinger announces UK and North American tour dates