Boats’ capacity for concentration is small. The only thing they seek to dominate is the madcap universe inside their collective imagination but it’s worth a visit.
By plunging impassively into their own hearts of darkness, Lanegan and Garwood demonstrate that there’s still plenty of life lurking muddy waters of blues.
They’re loud, dense and energetic; treading the well-worn path betwixt impulsive fury and creativity borne outta boredom; making noise cuz they gotta, and it shows.
The third album from from the Athens, Georgia four-piece sees the scope of their imagination wins out, and tremendously, triumphantly so.
It’s always great to be reminded that dumb hooks can still make you feel as infinite as they did before you filled your head with irrelevant context.
Raucous and deadly, these two records will play havoc with your liberal sensibilities whilst secretly agreeing with you all along.
Thurston Moore’s new project provides a furious blast of sonic annihilation that sounds like your speakers are burning to ashes.
An album for our age, Go Easy revels in nonchalant noisemaking, gives in to the din and just IS. Effortlessly, thrillingly, brilliantly.
Bands evolve and change as they expand their horizons, but it’s their job to convince us of why their promised land is the place to be.
Comanechi always sound slightly too au fait with the plot to be truly out of their minds, but it’s as raw and savage as hook-laden guitar music gets in 2013.
An exclusive first look at the new video from art-popsters Tunabunny with their latest single ‘Hollywood Unincorporated’.
Waiting For Something To Happen is a darn good pop record with songs you won’t be able to shake loose for days.
- Primavera Sound 2013 stream live performances via Youtube
- Boards of Canada to premiere new music on BBC Radio 1 tonight
- The Flaming Lips to play live on BBC Radio 6 Music tonight
- Angel Haze and Iggy Azalea stream cover of Watch The Throne track ‘Otis’
- Brolin and East India Youth to play free London show next week
- Matthew Dear plots only London date of 2013
- Daft Punk to remix own ‘Random Access Memories’ tracks
- Washed Out announces new album ‘Paracosm’ for August
- Sŵn Festival confirm Deerhunter as first headliners for 2013 event
- CBGB announce 40th anniversary music and film festival