The second album by NYC-via-Austin’s Martin Crane as Brazos is a freewheeling pop odyssey, inspired in part by Herman Melville’s Moby Dick.
The National: “It’s up for the offering, not trying to be uptight or claustrophobic and leaves you with a sense of trying to have fun with the songs.”
Bassist Scott Devendorf talks to Best Fit about the writing and recording of Trouble Will Find Me.
Ahead of the release of their new record, Best Fit speaks to Nate Grace and Jesse Jenkins of Pure X and hear how “difficult second album” doesn’t quite cover it for the agonising ‘Crawling Up the Stairs’.
Seattle’s Minus the Bear take songs from new album Infinity Overhead – and some crowd-pleasing oldies – on the road, and to Glasgow’s King Tut’s.
A towering talent, not just as a guitarist, but as great American storyteller.
On album number six Akron/Family once again confirm their status as the go-to band for all your psych rock/tribal/pastoral/folk/harmony needs.
The Toronto-based record label celebrates ten years of being at the heart of Canadian music with this excellent collection of its finest moments, featuring Broken Social Scene, Feist and many more.
The Black Angels: “There’s something about that mystical aspect of life: the unknown is very attractive”
Coinciding with the release of the band’s fourth album Indigo Meadow, frontman Alex Maas speaks about the new record and his love for psychedelic music.
Glasgow duo Anneke Kampman and James Scott return for a second album as Conquering Animal Sound, delivering a rather fine and precise lesson in layers and loops.
Four young men by the name of Delay Trees introduce us to their special brand of Finnish dream pop ahead of their show at Ja Ja Ja this week.
Ahead of her performance at London’s Ja Ja Ja showcase, we catch up with Denmark’s newest pop sensation, the wonderful Fallulah.
Fuck Buttons’ Andrew Hung talks about his new project and the challenges of composing music for a vocalist.
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina denied parole, Paul McCartney offers support
- Daft Punk set to break album streaming record
- Nite Jewel, Little Boots, The Field & more feature on Sally Shapiro remix LP
- Tyler the Creator, Earl Sweatshirt & Kendrick Lamar to support Eminem
- Daft Punk sponsor a Formula 1 racing car
- Channel 4 commission two new music shows
- NPR film entire James Blake gig in HD
- Ryan Hemsworth releases ‘Still Awake’ EP for free download
- Primavera Sound 2013 stream live performances via Youtube
- Boards of Canada to premiere new music on BBC Radio 1 tonight