Baths returns with a more accessible but thoroughly downbeat second offering which he considers his “weird version of a pop record”.
Best Fit speaks to Glasgow based electronic duo Conquering Animal Sound about the genesis of their new album On Floating Bodies.
Catherine McCandless talks to Best Fit about the Canadian quintet’s stylistic evolution and what drives to them continue making music.
An impressively bold debut from Norwegian symphonic pop troupe ends up getting weighed down by its own ambition.
A sometimes inconsistent demonstration of the talents of one of the more accomplished acts to have emerged from the bedroom R’n'B/future pop/whatever niche.
A less dense more polished second album delivering on early promise. A textured, atmospheric and impressive collection of more muscular and accessible darkwave pop.
The operatic half of Cat’s Eyes delivers a debut solo album which is beautifully haunting and thoroughly impressive, if somewhat uneven in parts.
Peter Broderick draws on his fans and friends for direct lyrical inspiration, and comes up with an appropriately uneven and frustrating collection of songs.
After some long running label issues the post-hardcore trio from Derry finally follow up their impressive 2008 debut, with mixed results.
The second Phil Elverum album of 2012 works both as a companion and a contrast to Clear Moon, and ranks as one of the strongest records in his expansive catalogue.
The endlessly productive half of Californian noise masters Barn Owl continues his tireless pursuit to discover the outermost sounds it’s possible to tease out of a guitar.
The London duo’s debut EP showcases at least one example of pristine R’n'B pop, with additional tracks hinting at a promising future.
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina denied parole, Paul McCartney offers support
- Daft Punk set to break album streaming record
- Nite Jewel, Little Boots, The Field & more feature on Sally Shapiro remix LP
- Tyler the Creator, Earl Sweatshirt & Kendrick Lamar to support Eminem
- Daft Punk sponsor a Formula 1 racing car
- Channel 4 commission two new music shows
- NPR film entire James Blake gig in HD
- Ryan Hemsworth releases ‘Still Awake’ EP for free download
- Primavera Sound 2013 stream live performances via Youtube
- Boards of Canada to premiere new music on BBC Radio 1 tonight