Best Fit speaks to This Many Boyfriends about Talking Heads obsessions and making “a really good record to listen to before going out to a rubbish little indie club.”
With a 2000 strong crowd hanging on her every word, the pocket rocket potty mouth rapper from Harlem nails it.
Having just signed to Columbia, Aussie indie-poppers San Cisco received a warm reception at The Lexington last night.
Stepping away from the remixes for which we know him so well, Londoner Duke Dumont reveals why the time is nigh to move in his own direction.
“You don’t get over a broken heart, you just learn to carry it gracefully” : Best Fit meets Jens Lekman
Gothenburg’s Jens Lekman reveals all about opening up his diary to create latest album, I Know What Love Isn’t.
Sharon Kean makes her way through the crowds at the the painfully popular Sebright Arms to see London five-piece Torches.
With a clutch of religious-themed songs – ‘Pope Will Roll’ precedes ‘Sins of the Flesh’ – Light Asylum try to pick up where the excellent ‘Dark Allies’ finished with its lightsaber fights, Hail Marys and prayers.
We catch up with Sweden’s Simian Ghost to find out all about the journey that created latest record, Youth.
The more that you listen to this heartfelt four-track foray exuding pianos and pains, the better it gets: still unmistakably the same band that was responsible for 2009′s spectacular Islands.
The London-based trio have certainly moved on somewhat from the deadpan observations which made ‘You Came Out’ one of the easiest electro-dance anthems to sing along to in 2009. And that’s not a bad thing.
Sharon Kean catches up with Norway’s Casiokids on the eve of the release of latest album, Aabenbaringen Over Aaskammen, to discuss safari videos, 90s synthesizers and a “bad conscience due to tax fraud.”
An album both in and about that state of limbo in which many people find themselves between twenty and thirty, from the indie-pop trio from Sheffield.
- Nite Jewel, Little Boots, The Field & more feature on Sally Shapiro remix LP
- Tyler the Creator, Earl Sweatshirt & Kendrick Lamar to support Eminem
- Daft Punk sponsor a Formula 1 racing car
- Channel 4 commission two new music shows
- NPR film entire James Blake gig in HD
- Ryan Hemsworth releases ‘Still Awake’ EP for free download
- Primavera Sound 2013 stream live performances via Youtube
- Boards of Canada to premiere new music on BBC Radio 1 tonight
- The Flaming Lips to play live on BBC Radio 6 Music tonight
- Angel Haze and Iggy Azalea stream cover of Watch The Throne track ‘Otis’