A work of stark, emotional beauty, Blake’s second record Overgrown nudges our lives forward just by its very existence.
An intelligent distillation of everything that people cherish about British Sea Power and what makes them a truly Great British rock band.
Harcourt seems to be dealing with a few demons of his own on this collection of world-weary songs that beats with a poetic heart of longing.
A solid tenth album from a band capable of delivering the breadth and depth of response keep the Eels vehicle moving onwards and upwards.
Creating an open-ended synthesized narrative, the artist most famous for the essence of music he leaves behind is starting to sound more like his true self.
As relentless as its title suggests, the album’s depiction of warped sexuality is hard-hitting, shocking, harrowing even.
Anything but morbid, this short and sweet EP keeps the wheels in motion for Dirty Projectors.
A real sonic feast, that balances an understated sense of melody with an ever-present groove, writes Matthew Haddrill.
Noir serves up a hitchhiker’s guide to British psychedelia, but along the way reminds us that clever music works best when it’s aimed somewhere at the heart.
A nice collection of piano-driven pop songs which go easy on the ear and gentle on our frayed late summer emotions.
“The more time that grows between the past and now, the fonder my memories are”: Best Fit meets Malcolm Middleton
“Heavy metal power chords played on acoustic guitar.” Malcolm Middleton reveals all about latest project Human Don’t Be Angry.
On their first new recording in 16 years, Dead Can Dance seem ready to pick up exactly where they left off.
- Conan O’Brien posts video response to Taylor Swift track ’22′
- Boards of Canada premiere new music on video screen in Tokyo
- Summer Camp finish new record, discuss ‘difficult second album’
- Scottish Album of the Year Award 2013 to hold public vote
- Julia Holter announces new album for August, reveals opening track
- DIANA change name of self-titled album after legal problems
- Spotify launch weekly music streaming charts
- Pussy Riot member makes hunger strike protest
- Giant Drag announces UK tour for September
- Odd Future offshoot Jet Age of Tomorrow to release free album this Friday