If ever there were a time for Suede to turn up and remind us it’s worth sifting through hateful politics and brain-melting pop culture for a splinter of brazen positivity, it’s today.
Electro-pop titans-in-waiting disguised as buttoned-up Slavic accountants. Charlie Ivens tackles Hurts amid teutonic hysteria
Charlie Ivens casts an in-depth look over Europe’s largest music showcase festival and finds gold in the Finnish offerings.
A leather armchair by a toasty open fire in a hotel lounge is a far more convivial spot to catch a new band than a draughty canvas marquee
The crazy continues in Groningen, as the Brit nominations announcement have little discernable effect on the still-partying throng
We’re off to the 28th Eurosonic festival/conference doodah in the Netherlands city of Groningen this week. And excited too.
Charlie Ivens reports on an uneasy mix of Broadway excess, post-Weimar sleaze, thudding techno and cloying self-help affirmation techniques.
Charlie Ivens headed to Brighton’s Green Door Store last night to see how Charlotte Church is faring in the world of indie rock.
“When you’re young, the idea of being an outsider has a certain romance attached to it” : Best Fit meets Xiu Xiu
Best Fit speaks to Xiu Xiu’s Jamie Stewart in a transit van, to find out what drives his music making and if lyrically, any subject is off limits.
Palmer’s Kickstarter-funded theatrics yield pop-up art happenings, a last minute horn section, vegetable related performance and a whole lot of drama.
Brighton singer’s ‘Black Dog’ c/w ‘Hushabye’ plus remixes streaming now, single launch and festival dates announced
The temptation for artists to chase the zeitgeist must be overwhelming at times, but Charlie Ivens noticed a wonderful subsection of The Great Escape who are well and truly shunning the trends, and creating fantastical shows in the process.
- Kanye West projects video for new song ‘New Slaves’ on buildings around the world
- The National might break up within five years’ time
- Tim Burgess, Terry Christian & Craig Charles to launch new music courses
- Wild Flag’s Carrie Brownstein stars in new ‘American Express’ advert
- Björk to speak at ‘Wired’ technology conference
- Daft Punk launch new album at agricultural show in Wee Waa, Australia
- Icona Pop single ‘I Love It’ gets UK release, features Jakwob remix & more
- Alt-J debut new video technology aiming to stop fans recording gigs on mobile phones
- Theme Park to curate and headline summer all-dayer
- Wu-Tang Clan stream new track ‘Execution in Autumn’