Alone Aboard the Ark is an album that moves The Leisure Society forwards, outwards, and upwards, as a band that continues to grow into their story.
A surprising feast of variety, this is a real sit-down-and-listen-to album, from a band exhibiting depths much greater than their pigeonholed sound.
On this mini-album the band take a sidestep away from dance floor urgency into a deeper vortex of sound, creating a hypnotising state in which to immerse yourself further into their kaleidoscopic world.
Label du jour Communion serve up a selection of their finest new artists, along with those that have already hit the big time.
Tom Williams and the Boat return with their second album, and there’s not a song about the M25 in sight.
An entirely a cappella album from The Futureheads – is it all gimmick or all good?
An album tied together with the neat bow of Peter’s trademark attention to detail; with its intricacies and subtleties this is not one to have on in the background. A masterclass in music-making.
Cloud Nothings return with their third album, Attack on Memory. But does it erase all traces of what’s gone before it?
Catriona Boyle finds out how The Maccabees’ latest record came about, and how the band have been “getting to grips” with finding their sound.
Quiet, bordering on reverential, tonight’s gig is a lovely example of when an audience loves a band, and the band loves them right back, writes Catriona Boyle.
A handsome, middle-class, 20-something young man with a touch of enigma about him? Doing dubstep? With a somewhat ‘brave and interesting’ cover version? Stop me if you’ve heard this before….
The Impossible Song and Other Songs is perhaps not the album many may have been expecting. And whilst it still has one foot firmly in the folk camp, the other foot is travelling a lot further than the Isle of Mull.
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina denied parole, Paul McCartney offers support
- Daft Punk set to break album streaming record
- Nite Jewel, Little Boots, The Field & more feature on Sally Shapiro remix LP
- Tyler the Creator, Earl Sweatshirt & Kendrick Lamar to support Eminem
- Daft Punk sponsor a Formula 1 racing car
- Channel 4 commission two new music shows
- NPR film entire James Blake gig in HD
- Ryan Hemsworth releases ‘Still Awake’ EP for free download
- Primavera Sound 2013 stream live performances via Youtube
- Boards of Canada to premiere new music on BBC Radio 1 tonight