Too much repetition and a lack of experimentation make this collaboration a rather formulaic listen.
Over the past few years Pelican have been spread across the US, recording outside the studio and sharing ideas over the internet. Has this disjointed approach had a negative effect on their latest release?
On Ghost People, Martyn takes a look at both the present climate of house and techno, but more importantly the vacuous DJ culture that has inspired this sophomore LP.
Slugabed will still make his peers scratch their heads on just how he can create such stratospheric sounds from his battered PC.
Awash with glorious hooks and emotive crescendos, with each instrument suitably put through its paces to create a spatial and rich layered tracks. Rich Etteridge reviews.
Somewhat terminally titled End It All, this is Beans’ fourth solo album, and also marks a break from the reunion of Antipop Consortium and their 2009 release Fluorescent Black. Rich Etteridge reviews.
Unsurprisingly, this digidub album is as heavy on your bassbins as it is in its references to smoking weed. The heavy sounding cuts within the 15 tracks cross contain a mixture of old and new Jahtari workings and Mungos Hi Fi’s deep instrumentals.
Does this latest EP of synth-tech from Gatekeeper consist of filler or thriller?
Fowl deals with the human processing of the ornery – the filth we feed upon to entertain us, to stave our hunger, to gratify our sexual desires, to escape our reality or simply to facilitate our survival. Just what we need in the run-up to Christmas.
This is the third studio album from the Leeds based band Humanfly, that features ex-members of hardcore act Canvas. Rich E reviews.
The Secret have taken apart the broken sectors and divisions of Italian religion, society, and Berlusconi’s glossy governing media brigade, and created an album full of lyrics that speak of what to them is an almost failed state.
Southern California’s Nails are just like Black Breath, Trap Them and Magrudergrind; they all take a lot of metal influence (thrash or otherwise) and play loud, play fast, or not at all.
- Primavera Sound 2013 stream live performances via Youtube
- Boards of Canada to premiere new music on BBC Radio 1 tonight
- The Flaming Lips to play live on BBC Radio 6 Music tonight
- Angel Haze and Iggy Azalea stream cover of Watch The Throne track ‘Otis’
- Brolin and East India Youth to play free London show next week
- Matthew Dear plots only London date of 2013
- Daft Punk to remix own ‘Random Access Memories’ tracks
- Washed Out announces new album ‘Paracosm’ for August
- Sŵn Festival confirm Deerhunter as first headliners for 2013 event
- CBGB announce 40th anniversary music and film festival