Husky Rescue, the brainchild of musical maestro Marko Nyberg, first entered the public consciousness with a series of (now highly collectable) vinyl releases on Catskills records. Hailing from Finland, their blend of lush melodies and entrancing soundscapes struck a chord with the public and the press alike. As demand grew, Husky Rescue transformed from a studio project to a full live band. The Line Of Best Fit caught up with the band whilst promoting their brand new single Caravan.
1. Describe your sound in 3 words.
Gloomy and Fun.
2. Diet coca-cola or normal coke?
I always choose the real deal.
3. What would be your ideal holiday?
Driving my old Volvo to the camping sites in Lapland.
4. Whats the best cure for a hangover?
Cross-country skiing with lots of trees in the way to dodge. That will wake your brain up pretty quickly!
5. What’s on your rider?
Innocent fruit juices and ingredients to make white Russians. Water and clean towels.
6. How do you get ready for a live show?
I keep telling myself “I am an old oak, I am an old oak”.
7. Favourite song to play live?
Hurricane (Don’t Come Knocking). That gives me the feeling I’m travelling through the tundra.
8. When was the last time you told a lie?
9. Who would win in a fight, a stoat or a goat and why?
A Stoat of course, It’s a hellishly tough looking animal, almost from the outer space, but I really hope they manage to avoid fighting altogether and learn to just live in peace.
10. What was the last album you bought?
Panda Bear - Person Pitch
11. What’s your pet hate?
Baboons on rollerstakes.
12. Dead or alive. What 5 acts would you have play with you at a festival.
Dolly Parton, Bob Log III, Iron & Wine, Coco Rosie and Pink Floyd.
13. Desert Island Disc? Pick only one.
Neil Young “Harvest”
14. Most memorable on the road story.
That’s when we beat the Swedes in London year 2004. Oh, that was a boyish bear wrestling party!
15. Whats the best thing about being in Husky Rescue?
Spending quality time in the studio and getting to meet beautiful girls on the road, of course.
16. Do you read your own reviews?
17. Tell us a fact about yourself we probably don’t already know.
I love my Volvo.
18. Are you a morning bird or a night fox?
I’m both in summertime and just the night fox in winter.
19. If you could travel back in time where would you set the dial?
It should be the year when we got the Sky Channel in Finland and I saw A-ha “Take on me” video for the first time.
20. Least favourite person in the universe.
The dude that created moulded security plastic for electronic devices, the ones that cut your hands to pieces when you try to open them..