Whilst Looping State of Mind may just be the first true step into a whole new world for The Field, it is one taken with magnificent aplomb and sets the tone for what will, hopefully, be a career littered with even more heartwarming highlights.
With such obviously precocious talent on hand, Propeller has the misfortune of not standing up to the promise offered up by its predecessor and proves that Psychologist’s Iain Woods’ has yet to find his feet
Ghosting Season is the latest project from Thomas Ragsdale and Gavin Miller, who also work under the moniker worriedaboutsatan. TLOBF’s Will Grant caught up with the duo before their recent show at London’s The Lexington to find out what’s changed, why the new name and what we can expect from this latest endeavour.
There’s no doubting that Vondelpark warrant the praise thrown their way, even on the basis of the hand full of tracks that have emerged in their short lifetime. It just all still feels like a teaser more than the finished product.
‘Balearic Trunk Rhythm’ finds the north-western Americans habituating more on an island filled with wanton levels of sun-drenched glee than their grunge-originating homeland.
To think that this EP has come from a young man born within an arid landscape of scapegoatism is truly refreshing. Talents like this are hard to come by and need to be cherished – even if they may be hiding themselves away for now.
A lacklustre show by Manchester ghostly Holy Other – and the choice of venue didn’t help either, writes William Grant.
For those with the inclination and lack of pretense, you’d be hard pushed to find a more invigorating and thoughtful live performance as tonights, writes William Grant.
Retaining that oh-so-charming hark back to the subconscious of early nineties dance whilst weaving in with an affable, insatiable 80s pop nonchalance – something that label Cascine are quickly become known for.
And so it goes – 5 long years have passed, leaving a newly finely tuned Mr. Vek to once again put his esoteric stamp on the musical world. William Grant reviews.
Formerly Games: with their debut full-length under their new guise in the form of ‘Channel Pressure’, it seems the gloves have come off in Ford and Lopatin’s attempts to sonically recreate the imaginary world they hold so dear.
The Antlers return with the perfect response to the universally acclaimed Hospice. “Nothing short of spectacular” writes Will Grant.
- David Lynch to direct Nine Inch Nails video for ‘Came Back Haunted’
- Double Denim, Kaya Kaya, Best Fit and Black Cab Sessions for Rekorderlig Midsummer House
- Charli XCX announces first U.S. headline tour, performs ‘You (Ha Ha Ha)’ live
- Star Slinger gives away Miguel remix as free download
- Divine Fits cover Tom Petty’s ‘You Got Lucky’
- T Bone Burnett won’t be back for Nashville’s second season
- M83′s Anthony Gonzalez works with The Killers
- Full Kanye West album credits for ‘Yeezus’ revealed
- James Murphy scoring music for Broadway play starring Rachel Weisz & Daniel Craig
- Nelly teams up with Pharrell Williams and Nicki Minaj for ‘Get Like Me’