We catch up with the Montreal lass to talk carrots, her home town and the real definition of the word ‘crank’.
What happens when an unstoppable force meets a record label? Welcome to the world of Young Fathers.
Australia’s Harvey Streten reveals all about his much touted project Flume, and how it feels to outsell world famous boy bands in his homeland.
“A testament to sticking to what I want to do and to what makes you happy” : Best Fit meets Luke Sital Singh
The enigmatic and widely touted troubadour Luke Sital Singh reveals all about his musical journey thus far.
Ahead of his performance at End of the Road festival, we catch up with New Zealand’s Lawrence Arabia to talk about his latest album.
Jen Long catches up with Canada’s Purity Ring to find out about the stories and methods behind new album Shrines.
Riding high with the release of his debut record, Jen Long talks to Pennsylvania’s newest hip hop star about chicken, tattoos and sampling.
In July 2010 Baltimore’s Lower Dens released their debut album Twin Hand Movement, a subtle but brilliant collection of stunning and intelligent songs. Since then the band has toured constantly, gained new members, and put in the work on a follow up, the oddly titled Nootropics.
“Fuck it. I wanna be a bit of a popstar. It may be the only chance I get.” Jen Long catches up with Brixton’s Jessie Ware to talk about the past, present and and the hotly tipped future, as well as taking a closer look at her impressive list of collaborative partners.
Pinkunoizu are a band as difficult to define as to pronounce. On debut Free Time they create a series of songs that drift, flirt and snap at the ears.
The cover says it all. A picture of a fresh tattoo depicts the band name and album title, Xiu Xiu Always. And when it comes to Jamie Stewart’s cult pop project, this is less a throwaway banner and more a statement of intent.
Taken track by track however, the songs explore deep into layers of glossed production and fill headphones with spaced, sampled bliss. It spills and surrounds with real beauty, intuition, and ability.
- Kanye West projects video for new song ‘New Slaves’ on buildings around the world
- The National might break up within five years’ time
- Tim Burgess, Terry Christian & Craig Charles to launch new music courses
- Wild Flag’s Carrie Brownstein stars in new ‘American Express’ advert
- Björk to speak at ‘Wired’ technology conference
- Daft Punk launch new album at agricultural show in Wee Waa, Australia
- Icona Pop single ‘I Love It’ gets UK release, features Jakwob remix & more
- Alt-J debut new video technology aiming to stop fans recording gigs on mobile phones
- Theme Park to curate and headline summer all-dayer
- Wu-Tang Clan stream new track ‘Execution in Autumn’