Search The Line of Best Fit
Search The Line of Best Fit
Megan thee stallion body video

Megan Thee Stallion hits out at false stories claiming Tory Lanez's charges have been dropped

22 January 2021, 10:03 | Written by Cerys Kenneally

Megan Thee Stallion has taken to Twitter to deny false reports that assault charges against Tory Lanez had been dropped.

The rapper has responded publicly to false claims that charges against Tory Lanez had been dropped in relation to the shooting incident with Megan Thee Stallion back in July 2020.

Megan Thee Stallion took to Twitter to deny the rumours after a series of tweets with screenshots from a Los Angeles County-area court website went viral (via Complex). A rep for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office revealed to Complex that Tory Lanez’s next court date is set for 25 February.

Responding to the false claims last night (21 January), Megan Thee Stallion wrote, "AT THIS POINT IM GETTING ANNOYED ! STOP BELIEVING EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE MF INTERNET. Imagine how I feel waking every day seeing people LIE and turn my trauma into a joke ? That whole team figures out ways to create doubt with my story every week and the media eats it up."

In a second tweet the rapper continued, "Y’all can’t tell when shit fake news? Y’all still don’t see an ABUSER picking with me ? The first court date got pushed back bc of the inauguration but I can’t wait until the MF FACTS come out ! Bitch you shot me AND MY STORY NOT CHANGING AND BITCH YOU GOING TO JAIL."

The Houston rapper also called out people viewing her as the villain despite her being the one tha got shot, "How tf I get shot now I’m the worlds biggest mf villain !? All y’all pussy ass n****s and pick me ass hoes GONE EAT YO MF WORDS."

Before signing off Megan Thee Stallion discussed trauma, and revealed that despite the negativity, she's going to try and stay positive, "Trauma is real I’m still traumatized from loosing my mom dad and one of my grandmothers and on top of that being shot. I’m not open abt anything on the internet usually bc I like to keep my emotions private but I’m reaching my limit, Im going to keep staying positive."

A rep for Tory Lanez also told New York Times reporter Joe Coscarelli that the charges have not been dropped. Coscarelli wrote in a tweet, "a rep for Tory Lanez says it is NOT TRUE that charges against him in the Megan Thee Stallion shooting were dropped: "The blog that posted this info is wrong. I assume the docket hasn't been updated ... The next hearing date is in mid-February.""

In November last year, Tory Lanez pleaded not guilty to charges relating to the Megan Thee Stallion shooting incident that happened in July 2020. The next court date for the case is due to take place on 25 February.
Share article
Email
Latest

Get the Best Fit take on the week in music direct to your inbox every Friday

Read next
News
Listen
Reviews