From the middle of the band’s world tour, Kevin Barnes from of Montreal found the time to answer a few questions from Jude Clarke, sharing his thoughts on lyric writing, album packaging and his major influences and favourite collaborations. There’s also news of an exciting new project for early next year.
Features Janelle Monae
Kevin Barnes’ flamboyant, experimental, fascinating band returns with album number ten: a loved-up, witty, wordy and yet somehow quite grounded confection featuring two of R&B’s most exciting up-and-coming divas.
- Summer Camp finish new record, discuss ‘difficult second album’
- Scottish Album of the Year Award 2013 to hold public vote
- Julia Holter announces new album for August, reveals opening track
- DIANA change name of self-titled album after legal problems
- Spotify launch weekly music streaming charts
- Pussy Riot member makes hunger strike protest
- Giant Drag announces UK tour for September
- Odd Future offshoot Jet Age of Tomorrow to release free album this Friday
- Listen to Talking Heads perform ‘Psycho Killer’ with Arthur Russell on cello
- Giorgio Moroder performs his first ever DJ set