Hot on the heels of the August edition of the TLOBF podcast, Oh! Canada returns to once again bring you a selection of some of the finest music coming from Canada. This month we feature tracks from Polaris shortlisters Shad and Radio Radio (fresh from their “Canada” festival appearance last month), more lyrical wordplay from Nova Scotia’s SJ the Wordburglar and Grand Analog, an exclusive preview from the new Provincial Archive record, plus new tracks from the likes of Women, Ten Kens, Bird & Bear, Les Jupes and Mardeen.
Guest artwork for this edition comes courtesy of Jon Janes (aka The Mountains & The Trees) who will be heading back to the UK in September for a handful of dates, including shows with Horse Feathers, fellow Oh! Canada favourites Elliot Brood and also a show at End of the Road festival. Also heading this way in the autumn are Women and Ben Rogers (keep an eye on Oh! Canada in the coming weeks for more details).
As ever our thanks go out to everyone who has made Oh! Canada possible. Show support to these artists by clicking on their names- you might even find there are some extra tracks, video’s and sessions hidden away amongst the links….
[.zip] Oh! Canada Volume 12
After clicking on the above link, the download will begin automatically
1. John Kameel Farah: ‘Crystalline’
2. Grand Analog: ‘I Play My Kazoo’
3. Shad: ’Yaa I Get It’
4. Ten Kens: ’Screaming Viking’
5. Kill The Lights: ’Lleggs’
6. Mardeen: ’Ice Truck Killer’
7. Courtney Wing: ’Chances’
8. The Provincial Archive: ’Weight and Sea’
9. Raised By Swans: ’Hail Of Arrows’
10. Les Jupes: ’Mathematics’
11. Radio Radio: ’Guess What?’
12. SJ The Wordburglar: ’The WB’
13. Lisa Bozikovic: ’Take and Take’
14. Sarah Harmer: ’Captive (Acoustic Version)’
15. Bird & Bear: ’Bird & Bear’
16. Ben Rogers: ’Criminals’
17. The Mountains and The Trees: ’Minimum Wage Lovers’
18. Jasper Sloan Yip: ’The Path Of Least Resistance (live at CBC)’
19. Women: ’Eyesore’
And as if all this isn’t enough we would also like to point you in the direction of Secretly Canadian, who, for a limited time only, are offering up the debut Zeroes EP from Montreal’s Suuns, for the price of an email. If dark, pulsating synth, propulsive drum lines and breathy lyrics that call to mind Clinic or Suicide are your thing then this something you definately should investigate. The band head off on tour of Canada and the US with The Besnard Lakes (whose Jace Lasek produced the band at his Breakglass Studios) and Land of Talk in October.