Organised by iconic local troubadour Mugison and his dad, PapaMug. It’s definitely not your regular festival, and how could it be? Vasilis Panagiotopoulos investigates this highly unique weekender.
Vasilis Panagiotopoulos reports on the Finnish music convention and festival that attracts more than 700 delegates and international visitors each year for seminars and panel discussions – as well as a showcase by some of the most most exciting bands around.
16 stages, 147 artists from 10 countries and more than 7,500 fans and 190 international delegates. Vasilis Panagiotopoulos looks back at Tallinn Music Week and examines its role as a musical hub between the Baltics, the Nordic region and Russia.
Since the launch of the Nordic Music Prize this year, by:Larm has firmly secured its place on the Nordic music calendar. Vas Panagiotopoulos braves the -9°C weather and forks out on some seriously expensive meat. There are of course, also bands – *lots* of bands.
With its friendly atmosphere and compact size, the prevailing feeling of togetherness amongst its jolly attendants and the sense of remoteness from anything stressful back home all add up to a very special festival experience. Here’s a round-up of our best bits.
TLOBF travelled to the land of delicious pastries and beautiful people and spoke to a handful of its most important music representatives and local industry gurus in order to find out how the scene has been evolving over the years and what the future might hold for it.
“We’d like to be remembered for good feelings. Would be great if people could remember how they felt at our concerts. It’s all about good feelings and memories.” Vasilis Panagiotopoulos heads to Iceland to interview For A Minor Reflection.
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina denied parole, Paul McCartney offers support
- Daft Punk set to break album streaming record
- Nite Jewel, Little Boots, The Field & more feature on Sally Shapiro remix LP
- Tyler the Creator, Earl Sweatshirt & Kendrick Lamar to support Eminem
- Daft Punk sponsor a Formula 1 racing car
- Channel 4 commission two new music shows
- NPR film entire James Blake gig in HD
- Ryan Hemsworth releases ‘Still Awake’ EP for free download
- Primavera Sound 2013 stream live performances via Youtube
- Boards of Canada to premiere new music on BBC Radio 1 tonight