The tenth album from Neil Hannon, treading a dangerous tightrope between whimsical charm and farce.
Simon Rueben discusses the rise of “Kindie” and the idea of getting children on the “right track” musically…
An excellent collection of songs bringing together the career of the most picked on band of the early nineties. Simon Rueben stands up for Slowdive.
Simon Rueben takes a look at Mansun’s debut album, wondering whether or not it deserves such a lavish re-release.
More of the same from Teenage Fanclub, but with songs this good, who can really complain?
A collection of songs handpicked by Alan Wilder to represent the best of his solo output. Simon Rueben finds the whole process rather tedious.
The Acorn have easily bettered Glory Hope Mountain with No Ghost, but this is something that will not be fully realised with the first listen. Simon Rueben reviews.
The Boo Radleys were always a bold, inventive band, saddled with a song that speaks nothing of their wider work, and these releases are an ideal way to explore them further.
Keane’s latest EP, recorded during their recent tour, is a rather curious collection of songs that swing from the rather good to the completely terrible.
Listening to a Sennen album is a bit like discovering an item of clothing in your wardrobe that you used to wear a lot in the early 1990’s…
As a project, this doesn’t seem like a ‘supergroup’, whatever that means. It is more akin to a group of friends who got together to make ambitious, yet still commercial, music. It is not being heavily marketed. Buying it takes a special effort, an effort well worth taking.
For Emma Pollock’s second album, she’s back on Chemikal Underground, and still making some lovely pop music, according to Simon Rueben.
- Four Tet finishes work on new album
- Mikky Ekko announces new single ‘Kids’
- Local Natives stream video for ‘You & I’ and unveil UK tour dates
- Toots & the Maytals singer injured after being hit with vodka bottle at festival
- Studio version of Drake’s ‘On My Own’ streaming online
- Temples announce UK tour for the autumn
- Cabaret Voltaire announce plans for reissue series
- Nick Zinner reunites old college band for charity single
- The Weeknd no longer playing Glastonbury festival?
- Chief Keef arrested in Chicago minutes after pleading guilty to separate charge