An album’s worth of salty seaside romance; you can struggle against the undertow but you’re always irrevocably in it. The Wave Pictures are back to their best, writes Meryl Trussler.
If DeVotchKa were your boyfriend, he’d be awesome – if a little overenthusiastic with the roses. Some people think he’s over the top, but it’s okay. He’s learning to be cool.
When The Quietus announced an intimate London show to anticipate the release of Mogwai’s latest album Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will, it was no surprise that it sold out before most folks could find their debit cards. There was rage. Some eBay skulduggery was afoot. But so it goes.
Stockholm lazy-pop duo jj made you a mixtape full of their favourite jams, but dropped it in the bath or something; it’s just a little sultry! It’s still good, it’s still good!
- Independent Label Market returns to London for summer 2013
- Kanye West is trying to bring Will Smith out of musical retirement
- Trophy Wife release debut album before splitting up
- At The Drive-In announce full reissue of ‘Relationship of Command’ vinyl
- Cloud Nothings announce European tour dates for August
- Daft Punk collaborator Todd Edwards reworks David Bowie, Disclosure, Jessie Ware & more
- The-Dream streams new album & appears on Leno with Kelly Rowland
- The Clash remastered albums and rarities boxset announced
- Waxahatchee covers Grimes ‘Oblivion’ with sister Allison Crutchfield
- Explosions In The Sky soundtrack new David Gordon Green film