Taylor and Tyler overcome power cuts and clattering glasses to deliver a very special set as part of their appearance at Sounds from the Other City Festival.
Fain turbo-boosts vintage British folk-rock templates, with muscular, mesmerising results that will have fans of Midlake, Arbouretum and Dungen howling with pleasure.
The North Carolina collective’s follow-up to the much-acclaimed Poor Moon offers more of the same, only bigger, better and stronger.
Imaginative, diverse and richly layered, Sam Beam’s sound is expanded into blazing widescreen, with results that play like a greatest hits collection on one new album.
The sixth Phosphorescent album mines a rich seam of heartache, but refuses to curl up in a heap of sobs.
If we lived in a fairer world, everyone would know the sounds of Mark Eitzel, or least, so says recent convert Janne Oinonen.
Lowdown and lonesome, these tunes can seem unhealthily devoted to heartache in daylight. Once the twilight falls, however, the odds are you’ll be won over.
London/Manchester trio swap 90′s slacker indie-inspired lo-fi aesthetic for rhythmically endowed guitar worship on album number two, with impressive results.
The fifteenth album from Cave & Co – is a tense, fractured, bristling listen that pushes the boundaries yet again.
Praise from Bob Dylan. Big-hitting covers by Cash, Weller, Walker et al. Yet Tim Hardin’s songwriting genius remains under-appreciated, a wrong this strong tribute seeks to set right.
The odd highlight aside, the West Coast duo’s dub version of third album Lucifer doesn’t stray far enough from its parent album.
The name of Neil Young and Crazy Horse’s current tour – Alchemy – provides an apt description of the contents of this much overdue reunion, which turns base materials – a few chords, oceans of distortion – into solid gold.
- Double Denim, Kaya Kaya, Best Fit and Black Cab Sessions for Rekorderlig Midsummer House
- Charli XCX announces first U.S. headline tour, performs ‘You (Ha Ha Ha)’ live
- Star Slinger gives away Miguel remix as free download
- Divine Fits cover Tom Petty’s ‘You Got Lucky’
- T Bone Burnett won’t be back for Nashville’s second season
- M83′s Anthony Gonzalez works with The Killers
- Full Kanye West album credits for ‘Yeezus’ revealed
- James Murphy scoring music for Broadway play starring Rachel Weisz & Daniel Craig
- Nelly teams up with Pharrell Williams and Nicki Minaj for ‘Get Like Me’
- Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros release new track ‘This Life’