Jen Long catches up with Wild Flag’s Janet Weiss ahead of their show at the Electric Ballroom to talk about the thrill of starting a new band, Janet’s incredible musical legacy thus far and just how much of a fan-girl she is when it comes to Sonic Youth.
“Hey guys! It’s Valentine’s Day! Great, huh? So let’s talk about getting dumped.” Jen Long counts down her top 10 songs for the freshly single!
Jen Long catches up with Seekae to chat about the trio’s latest album +Dome, their love of Marks and Spencer and being accused of “just pressing space bar”.
Everything here suggests that Seventeen Evergreen’s next long player will be a thing worth indulging in. Jen Long reviews the new EP from the recent Lucky Number signings.
Whether it was the time frame Sound of Arrows took to complete their debut, the collapse of their UK label, or simply a case of bad timing, Voyage’s stealth release cannot be blamed on its content. Was it worth the wait though?
Total Slacker are a band who refuse to take themselves too seriously, slicing their songs with yelps of joy, witty social commentary, and pop culture references. Eleven tracks of carefully crafted slugging pop. Jen Long reviews.
With just five new acoustic numbers, this re-issue of last year’s Star Of Love will do nothing for those already familiar with Crystal Fighters.At the least devious it’s giving an album that had little impact upon first release a renewed push following a well received single.
Tonight feels like YACHT have come into their own – confident and charismatic, they deliver both in personality and sound leaving anyone who questioned the musicianship of this band in the very obvious wrong, writes Jen Long.
Twist Again is thirteen tracks journeying from the delicate and closely feathered to the crescendo driven, near religiously anthemic that leaves you wondering, why are they not more popular?
An effortless marriage of smartly universal lyrics, sparse beats, and polished synthesiser. It’s elegant, engaging and so very effortless writes Jen Long of Junior Boys latest.
Jen Long takes a bag of freshly purchased goods to meet the post-set Glastonbury glow of Esben and the Witch to see if they could conjure something as beautiful, elegant and powerful as their music between two slices of bread.
Despite starting the label because, “I hate bands and I heard you can really fuck them over by releasing their music.” Captured Tracks has gone from strength to strength earning respect and listeners alike.
- Double Denim, Kaya Kaya, Best Fit and Black Cab Sessions for Rekorderlig Midsummer House
- Charli XCX announces first U.S. headline tour, performs ‘You (Ha Ha Ha)’ live
- Star Slinger gives away Miguel remix as free download
- Divine Fits cover Tom Petty’s ‘You Got Lucky’
- T Bone Burnett won’t be back for Nashville’s second season
- M83′s Anthony Gonzalez works with The Killers
- Full Kanye West album credits for ‘Yeezus’ revealed
- James Murphy scoring music for Broadway play starring Rachel Weisz & Daniel Craig
- Nelly teams up with Pharrell Williams and Nicki Minaj for ‘Get Like Me’
- Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros release new track ‘This Life’