Stephen Wilkinson talks about the creative process behind the new Bibio album Mind Bokeh, revealing why his biggest influences actually came in the shape of Thin Lizzy and English philosopher, Alan Watts.
Given that Amazon bosses recently enlisted Bibio’s music in their efforts to flog Kindles, Mind Bokeh is perhaps the first time Bibio has met weighty expectation outside of the Warp fan bracket. Jon Bauckham reviews.
The first in a semi-regular feature exploring the most exciting up and coming record labels; we showcase three acts from the ever inspirational Transparent Label.
“I don’t categorise; I get the same kick out of ‘Single Ladies’ as I do listening to Stravinsky. It’s all pleasure.” Jon Bauckham chats to the brains behind White Hinterland, Casey Dienel.
Race Horses are the proud owners of one of 2010′s most entertaining pop records so far. Jon Bauckham caught up with Dylan Hughes and Meilyr Jones prior to a recent show in Bristol to talk pop culture, growing up in Aberystwyth and plans for the future.
- Independent Label Market returns to London for summer 2013
- Kanye West is trying to bring Will Smith out of musical retirement
- Trophy Wife release debut album before splitting up
- At The Drive-In announce full reissue of ‘Relationship of Command’ vinyl
- Cloud Nothings announce European tour dates for August
- Daft Punk collaborator Todd Edwards reworks David Bowie, Disclosure, Jessie Ware & more
- The-Dream streams new album & appears on Leno with Kelly Rowland
- The Clash remastered albums and rarities boxset announced
- Waxahatchee covers Grimes ‘Oblivion’ with sister Allison Crutchfield
- Explosions In The Sky soundtrack new David Gordon Green film